- the size of the family;
- the age of the kids in the family;
- your willingness and ability to train and groom the dog;
- the compatibility of the dog with children;
- trainability of the dog;
- the personality and nature of the dog;
- the overall care of the dog as he continues to live with the family.
Introduction The dog is said to be man’s best friend, and that also applies to kids. Since a pet is an important part of a family, their inclusion into the family is a choice that needs to be made with consideration to several factors. This is because children are special members of the family and adding new canine friends to the family’s relationships circles has to be made with their safety and wellbeing in mind. Factors to consider Before adopting these petite canines into a family that has kids it is vital to consider the following qualities in regard to the dog/s and the family: